Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:22:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rtld-elf, java + tya

In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.0001211839110.67324-100000@iclub.nsu.ru>,
Max Khon  <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru> wrote:

> applet_viewer bombs out with a lot of stuff in the output like this
> (until killed -9):
>
> ld-elf.so.1: assert failed: /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/lockdflt.c:55

The last time this problem happened (I thought I fixed it!), it almost
always appeared very soon after starting a multithreaded program.  At
that time I was able to reproduce it with the script below.  Those of
you who have seen it might be able to modify the script so it runs
your failing application instead of cvsup.  It might help you to get a
stack trace for me (hint hint).

John

#! /bin/sh
#