Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Wehle <john@feith.com>
To:        ganbold@gmail.com
Cc:        andrew@fubar.geek.nz, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making INTRNG a requirement on armv6

> As for Amlogic ones, iirc, John did some tests on his devices with INTRNG
> in December last year.

The primary issue is regarding the older interrupt controller used on
the aml8726-m3 and also present on the aml8726-m6.  I did the original
porting work using the aml8726-m6 with the older interrupt controller
which seemed to work fine ... there didn't seem to be any interrupts
being lost.  It was only towards the end of the porting work that I
switched the aml8726-m6 (which happens to have both the older controller
and a GIC) to using the GIC.

Back in December 2016 the aml8726-m6 (and -m8b) passed a smoke test using
INTRNG with the GIC.  Disabling INTRNG caused the aml8726-m3 and the
aml8726-m6 (configured for the older interrupt controller) to "lose"
clock interrupts.

I did at that time see about updating the older Amlogic interrupt code
to use INTRNG which was a pretty straight forward effort, though even
with the updated code the older interrupt controller still suffered
from "lost" clock interrupts.  Unfortunately my attentions (as is
probably evident) have been elsewhere so the "lost" clock interrupts
issue is unresolved.

I can see about providing the INTRNG version of the older Amlogic
interrupt driver it that helps, however I'm probably not finding
time to debug the "lost" clock interrupts issue anytime soon.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |