Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 19:47:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   New sendmail sucks a bit ... (host map: lookup (wup.de): deferred)

Hi !

Have some problems with sendmail on -current.
Even if I have a sendmail config file, that tells sendmail
not to use dns lookup, it does...

These are my two master configuration sendmail files:

for uucp only, no dns lookup:

divert(-1)
include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)knobel.mc 1.1 (AKL) 10/08/95')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
Dmknobel.gun.de
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `$m')dnl
define(`UUCP_MAX_SIZE', 2000000)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `uucp-dom:easix')dnl
define(`UUCP_RELAY', `uucp-dom:easix')dnl
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(uucp)dnl

If I'm online via dialup ppp:

divert(-1)
include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`@(#)knobel-ip.mc	1.0 (Klemm) 9/16/95')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
Dmknobel.gun.de
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `$m')dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

a shellscript of mine internet on|off copies
sendmail.UUCP.cf or sendmail.IP.cf to /etc/sendmail.cf
depending on if I'm online or not.

When I'm using the UUCP only sendmail.cf file, mails will
be stuck in the mqueue, since host map lookup can't be resolved...

knobel# mailq
                Mail Queue (2 requests)
--Q-ID-- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
TAA04471        7 Thu Dec 21 19:38 andreas
                 (host map: lookup (wup.de): deferred)
                                   andreas@wup.de
TAA04487        5 Thu Dec 21 19:39 andreas
                 (host map: lookup (wup.de): deferred)
                                   andreas@wup.de

Only way out is to enable ppp, make internet connection and
wait for sendmail to requeue... :(

Any help ?

	Andreas ///

--