Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 20:08:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jason Boerner <chaos@rivers.oscs.montana.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FTP install... (fwd)

Some items to pass onto the people working on the install routine.

I'm setting up yet another FreeBSD machine and am having some problems
with FTP installs.  This is consistent and repeatable.  Actually, it has
occured during all three of the FTP installs that I have performed.
The install will Freeze (timeout?) with no diagnostic information to work
from.  This happens from both the primary and secondary FTP locations.
I'm using the latest floppy image.

Things that would be nice to see: (Would you like some help?)
It would be nice if the FTP install routine would pick up where it left
off instead of requiring a complete re-start.

Also, it would be nice if the "pretty" install screen would give a listing of
where the install was (like the alternate screen does now) and the Alternate
screen would give a listing of messages. ie. "Block n received of N of file
Y.", or "Timeout from server.  I will try again in x seconds/minutes."
etc....

Thanks