Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:14:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Carl Mascott <cmascott@att.net>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any reason why XFree86-4-Server pkg doesn't extract in-place?

Is there some reason why the XFree86-4-Server port does not use
@option extract-in-place?  Since there is no require file or
pre-install script I see no reason why it could not extract in
place.

I bring this up because my systems all have small /var/tmp
directories.  The first time I tried to install this package
the installation failed with a message about needing 400,000
<somethings> (unspecified; sectors? 1K blocks?) in /var/tmp.
It would be nice not to need a large /var/tmp (or other
temporary directory) for no good reason.