Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:22:56 +0000
From:      User & <hasty@star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging

Some tidbits on how I managed to build tgdb on FreeBSD.

I found tgdb at:
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.4/linux/sunsite/devel/debuggers/tgdb-1.1.src.tgz

>From the INSTALL notes:
  To build tgdb_wish, the Tcl/Tk interpreter for tgdb's code, the following
packages are needed:

   tcl7.3
   tk3.6 (or tk3.6pl1)
   tclX7.3a (or tclX7.3b)
   BLT1.3 (or newer)
   TkSteal3.6c (or newer)
   expect5.3 (or newer)

-------------

In freebsd.cdrom.com, you will find patches for blt, tcl, tk, tclX:
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.11/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/x11/tk
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.11/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/x11/blt
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.11/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/lang/tcl
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.11/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/lang/tclX
wcarchive.cdrom.com:/.11/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/lang/expect

I untar all the packages to /usr/local/src:
star-gate# ls /usr/local/src
TkSteal         expect-5.13     tclX7.3b
blt-1.7         tcl7.3          tk3.6

(don't use blt-1.7)

Apply all the  respective patches to the packages.

Go to each  sub-directories  in the following order tcl7.3, tk3.6,tclX7.3b,
blt-1.7, expect-5.13 and execute:
./configure
make
make install

To configure TkSteal:
./configure -with-expect -with-blt -with-tclX
make
make install

The resulting wish is all that you now need to run tgdb :)

When making tgdb, the  make file will need to use bash and
of course gnu's make.

Is a cool debugger however it needs a bit more work to make it
look as good as exmh which of course I am using right now :)

Have fun,
	Amancio