Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:53:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Machine wants to boot from Iomega ZIP Drive"

Hi,

> something like the following...
>
> # Parallel port
> device          ppc0    at isa? port? flags 0x40 net irq 7
> controller      ppbus0
> device          lpt0    at ppbus?
> device          plip0   at ppbus?
> device          ppi0    at ppbus?
> controller      vpo0    at ppbus?

When I turn off the zip, everything is fine, "changing root device to
da0s1a" etc, but when I turn on the zip, the zip is da0 and the SCSI
drive, which was da0 without zip, becomes da1, and then "panic (22), cant
mount root device".

I dont know which steps, in newbiespeak, I have to do. Something to
change to "0:da(1,a)/boot/loader", but I dont know which file, where etc.

To make the zip be da1 or to make the system find da1
during booting, when the zip is on.....hopefully.

This "panic", rebooting, a Zip would be nicenst for this 200 MB
machine, our newsserver is down and I have no subscription
to -questions.....

Thanks.

Heiko