Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:52:42 +0400
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   ru-openoffice-1.1.1

I have installed ru-openoffice-1.1.1 from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/waooo/8890/OOo_1.1.1.RC3_FreeBSD52Intel_install_ru.tbz.

It installed Ok, russian interface works as exprected and etc.
But after installation when I start openoffice-1.1-swriter (or other
tool) it draws menu text by boxes instead of russian characters.

I have X running under LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R, I have ttf fonts (including
russian), russian gnome works fine,
xset fp+ /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.1/share/fonts/truetype
Also doesn't help.

I have tried to start X with ru_RU.UTF-8 and ru_RU.ISO8859-5 encodings -
no luck.

Any ideas how to make it to show russian text in interface ?