Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 06:57:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mailist PostOffice <mailist@whoweb.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Build: Hard Wired SCSI Devices

On Wed Jan  8 07:09:54 1997 Doug White wrote:
>>On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Mailist PostOffice wrote:
>
>> device ncr0
>
>This is a controller, not a device.
>
>controller ncr0
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

Thanks for the response.  Another person pointed this out as well and I've
been able to successfully hard wire the devices.

Neither the LINT config file, nor the "Rebuilding your kernel" section of the
Walnut Creek 2.1 manual makes any mention of ncr0 being defined as a
controller in the config file.  It's listed as a device in the LINT config file, and
without hard wiring the disks, builds a working kernel defined as such.

Advanced Digital Research, Weare NH
WWW: http://www.whoweb.com/adrl
E-Mail: Mailist PostOffice <mailist@whoweb.com>
Date: 01/08/97        Time: 06:48:56