Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:32:56 +0800
From:      gnehzuil <gnehzuil@gmail.com>
To:        bluezhudong@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [NEED HELP]Participate FreeBSD 2012 Gsoc ideas CPU online/offline project

On 03/20/2012 09:52 AM, Dong Zhu wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am student from China.I am looking forward to joining the Gsoc 2012 and I am very very interested in this idea [1].
>
>    I am a intern working as a Linux kernel-qe,and I am very interested in Timer/Power-Management,so I really want to join this project.But I do not know how to start,How can I join this project ? Could you
>    please give me some suggestions ?
>

>    Many Many thanks!
>
>    [1] http://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage#CPU_online.2BAC8-offline_project_.28GSoC.29

Hi Dong,

If you want to join GSoc 2012, please see the documentation in GSoC
(http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012).  I
remember that you should register firstly and sign up.  Then you will
see the docs about how to submit your proposal that describes your
schedules and goals.

Sorry, I am not familiar with Timer/Power-management.  So I don't have
any suggestions about this project for you.  But, IMO, at least you
should have some basic knowledge about Timer/Power-management and FreeBSD.

Good luck.

Regards,
Zheng