Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:20:20 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring multiple PCMCIA NICs

[Please copy me in replies as I don't read -mobile]

I'm trying to use a laptop running -STABLE as a router using a pair of
3Com 3C589D-TP cards.  The first card comes up without any problem,
but the second card reports "No free configuration for card 3Com
Corporation".

I had a quick look at the source and this appears to be associated with
the number of "config" lines associated with the card.  I tried adding
a second 'config auto "ep" ?' line under the first without any effect.
I also tried using a 3Com 3CCE589ET (Megahertz 589E), and got the same
error.

The relevant line in the kernel config is "device ep".

What is the trick to have multiple NICs of the same type?

Peter