Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:06:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: card removal problems

Nate Williams wrote:
> > An update: I tried to remove 2 modem cards for a couple of times.
> > The Nokia one (irq3) did lock up my system each time (I tried 3 times).
> > The other one (angia) went ok for 2 times. Note that in the lockup
> > case, nothing is printed on the console.
>
> OK, can you break into the system with DDB?  Also, did this lockup occur
> with your patch in place?  Finally, is IRQ4 in use with the second card?

I'll try to get into the system. But since ctrl-alt-del no longer
works I doubt that the console driver will allow me to break into DDB.

Irq 4 is not in use. I don't remember if the other slot had a card but
if it had it was the 3com etherlink 3.

> > Perhaps it is card specific (?).
>
> I wouldn't doubt it one bit, but it might be related to the card
> resources, not necessarily the card.  These are things we need to find
> out rather than 'fixing' something that could be fixed in a more
> user-friendly manner.

I do agree. I'll see what I can come up with further.

-Guido