Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 10:43:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Roberts <jroberts@ashland.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions Discussion List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Off Topic:  X desktop manager for FBSD?

Hi, everyone.

After a month of labor, I have finally found a combination of card/monitor
settings that gives me a minimal XFree86 setup (VGA16) on my P6 w/
Trident Providia. However, I can't
seem to do some of the things I used to be able to do in SCO (Motif?),
such as put objects on the desktop, etc.  I also haven't found where to
set  fvwm  as my default window manager (twm is what always comes up), or
why  xvidtune  adjustments are never saved (do I have to put them in a
file manually?).  With fvwm and tkdesk, I can get a (barely) acceptable
desktop.  Is there another widget or tool that I need to be able to make
folders/icons on the desktop?  What do *you* do?

If you don't think other list members would benefit, please just reply to
me personally.

Thanks!

Jeff

   jroberts@ashland.edu  >>>>  Jeff Roberts  <<<<  strider@acm.org