Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:20:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Waitman Gobble <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libpng.so.6 missing

--bound1339393493

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Waitman Gobble wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading the handbook about burning DVD's and thought I would check out K3b as recommended... so I attempted to install from ports. After an hour or so of the make script building a whole bunch of stuff my patience wore out, and I bailed.
>
> ports tree csup this morning.
>
> Now it seems many things that were working great will no longer load, it's missing libpng.so.6
>
> # SciTE
> Shared object "libpng.so.6" not found, required by "libpangocairo-1.0.so.0"

Always, yes, always read /usr/ports/UPDATING before updating ports.  And
if you've update the ports tree but not updated installed applications
from it, do that first.

20120531:
   AFFECTS: users of graphics/png
   AUTHOR: dinoex@FreeBSD.org

   The PNG library has been updated to version 1.5.10.  Please rebuild all
   ports that depend on it.

   If you use portmaster:
         portmaster -r png-
   If you use portupgrade: