Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:24:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Ben J. Cohen" <bjc23@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The FreeBSD Dictionary

Hi!

How good is the FreeBSD (Webster) dictionary, /usr/share/dict/words?

I have been using it with a friend to try and solve crosswords and it
hasn't been too brilliant---for instance it doesn't have the words
"Internet" or "cheapskate".  (Of course, our crossword solving skill
aren't brilliant either.)

Is the Webster dictionary out of date?
What is the choice of free dictionaries available?

In any case, I do know that it is an American English dictionary; is there
a British English dictionary available?  (Or a set of diffs---this could
be put in the Ports collection.)

--

Thanks,

Ben.