Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 95 11:54 PST
From:      pete@puffin.pelican.com (Pete Carah)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X-windows is broken

In article <199512140909.KAA16538@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> you write:

>> Hi, I was running successfully with X-window a minute ago. But after I
>> install XV, then I shutdown the computer. and restarted and startx, my god
>> it gives me this crap:
>>
>>                 ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: undefined error:
>
>You should have /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6.0
>
>Type
>
>ldconfig -r | grep Xmu
>
>You should see
>56:-lXmu.6.0 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6.0
>
>or something.

I cheat here since many X packages expect everything in /usr/lib and
/usr/lib/X11, so I do a symlink of everything in /usr/X11R6/lib into
/usr/lib.  That isn't an elegant solution but it works for packages
that have stuff hardcoded (I know imake'd packages aren't supposed to,
but some still do (e.g. netscape, which is imake'd on another system :-)
and also will fix the above.  adding /usr/X11R6/lib to the ldconfig line
in /etc/rc (or wherever it gets that info for rc) should also help if it
isn't already.

-- Pete