Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:28:02 -0500
From:      Denver Hull <denverh@comcast.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wacom and x11 and webcamd

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Monday 09 April 2012 19:59:17 Denver Hull wrote:
>
>> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To avoid ums attach, see "usbconfig dump_quirk_names | grep UMS".
>>>
>>> --HPS
>>>
>> I don't get anything with that command on my 8.2-STABLE system.  Is that
>> something that will work on 9 but not 8?
>>

> Did you kldload usb_quirk ?
>
> --HPS

Well, that reports "kldload: can't load usb_quirk: File exists", but
usb_quirk isn't listed in kldstat.  The man page for usb_quirk(4)
doesn't show anything for UMS.  However, everything listed in the man
page is reported by "usbconfig dump_quirk_names".  Or at least it looks
that way.  I didn't do a line by line check.

I checked my kernel conf file, and there's no "device usb_quirk" line,
and it's not in loader.conf, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.  In
my experience that kldload error usually just means it's compiled in.
But it's not listed in my kernel conf file.  So that's kind of a mystery.

Thanks,

Denver