Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:28:02 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        brian@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: rinit: wrong ifa (0xc09ba580) was (0xc0854880) - candidate for removal

Hi,

Nothing's changed of late here.  Ppp will use whatever ``hostname''
resolves to as a default local address unless a ``set ifaddr'' is
done.  As you've got a ``set ifaddr'', I find it surprising that
you see this message.

Personally, my laptop is configured with a lo0 alias address of my
hostname.  When I plug the NIC in, I get the message because I'm
assigning the same IP number to the ep0 device.

Personally, I think the message should only be displayed if another
interface is found configured with that address *AND* it's not a
POINTOPOINT interface.

In fact, I'll do this soon if nobody objects (freebsd-net cc'd).

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>