Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:24:39 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        btillman99@yahoo.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X client without X server

	Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
	From: Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>

	xterm may not require it [xorg-server],
	but one of xterm's dependencies may.

This is simply not true.
xterm does not require xorg-server.
I know because for years I've been using a setup
where the X server and the clients live
on different computers.
There is certainly no xorg-server installed
on the clients computer.

So, if the OP says that in his setup xterm
requires xorg-server, then something is clearly
wrong with that setup and it's a good idea
to fix it. This might be but a simptom of a
larger problem, who knows. If it were me,
I'd certainly want to get to the bottom of this.

Anton