Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:39:56 +1030
From:      "alex" <lex@adelaide.on.net>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   link_elf: symbol osf1_wait4 undefined

Howdy all,

I have just built /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base on my Alpha pws 500au.
However, this is the result:

> sudo make install clean
Password:
===>  Installing for linux_base-7.1_2
Linux mode is not enabled.
kldload: can't load linux: No such file or directory
The linux kernel module could not be loaded.
Please enable linux mode manually and retry.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.

Also when I run the aforementioned command I get this message on the
console:

link_elf: symbol osf1_wait4 undefined
link_elf: symbol osf1_wait4 undefined
link_elf: symbol osf1_wait4 undefined

Ok, so I try and manually load it then:

> sudo kldload linux
kldload: can't load linux: No such file or directory

But there is:

> ls -l /modules/linux.ko
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  122530 Oct  9 19:57 /modules/linux.ko*

Unfortunately I am using a 4.7-RELEASE bec -STABLE and -CURRENT wouldn't
build due to my
promise raid controller (Ultra 100 TX2).

Other kernel modules load, its just linux.ko that doesn't.

Ideas anyone ??

 - aW