Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:20:32 +0800
From:      Calvin NG <calvinng@brel.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tomcat??

Greetings,

  installed Tomcat, and mod_jk from ports, worked fine.
  Though I do need to meddle around some with the Makefiles to force
  it to use JDK 1.2.2 instead of 1.1.8.   I think people are working
  on using javavm wrapper to resolve this once and for all.

Regards,
/calvin

lines with :> are quotes from Joe Shevland's email
:> Yes, it works fine, both standalone and with the Apache connector (although
:> I've used DSO support for mod_jserv I'm sure static is fine). I've only
:> tried Tomcat 3.2.1, I can't see the others being a problem. I haven't
:> successfully built mod_jk before, although something popped up on the list
:> re: this a little while ago.
:>
:> What problems are you encountering exactly?
:>
:> Cheers,
:> Joe
:>