Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:59:45 -0600
From:      Matthew Kenny <mattk@internorth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Audio CD's and KDE

Greetings!

I am having a bit of dificulty with FreeBSD.  I just recently installed v.
2.2.6 on my system (p166, etc) and I have been unable to get the cd-rom to
play audio cd's whatsoever.  The drive mounts fine and well with a data cd,
but the second I load an Audio CD into the drive, it just refuses to
co-operate.  This occurs in both prompt mode and through X11 (with the KDE
Browser that was included in 2.2.6)

Also... if someone could give me a quick rundown on how I can get X running
without having to log in as root - that'd be great too.

Oh yes! I forgot something.  I have also recompiled my kernal, including
support for my sound blaster 16.  The kernal compiled without any errors, I
am just not sure if it's set up properly.  Any ideas on how to test to see
if it is working correctly?

Finally... I have no clue whatsoever on where/how to begin setting up my
external 33.6k modem.  Suggestions please?

Thank you all for your time.

Matthew Kenny