Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:34:20 -0400
From:      "Hyun Hwang" <hyun@caffeinated.codes>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can two ports have master-slave relatioship across categories?

Hi,

Source Han Sans is a font that supports 4 East Asian languages at the same time. Thus initially, I have split the font into four when porting; chinese/sourcehansans-{sc,tc}-otf, {japanese,korean}/sourcehansans-otf, respectively.
These four have all their own Makefile, pkg-plist, distinfo, ..., which now I think are great redundancy. This is what master and slave ports are for, right?

Question is: can these four have a master-slave relationship across their respective categories?
I have schemed the Porter's Handbook, but it does not mention anything about redefining essential variables such as CATEGORIES, etc.

Thank you,
--
Hyun "Harold" Hwang