Date:      Mon, 07 Mar 2016 12:09:51 +0200
From:      Arto Pekkanen <isoa@kapsi.fi>
To:        Eax Melanhovich <afiskon@devzen.ru>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?Q?Juan_Ram=C3=B3n_Molina_Menor?= <listjm@club-internet.fr>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, =?UTF-8?Q?Jean?= =?UTF-8?Q?-S=C3=A9bastien_P=C3=A9dron?= <dumbbell@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Testing the new i915 driver (HD Graphics 4400 and G41 Express)

Yeah, the new HEAD codebase assumes a newer version of Clang from HEAD,
which is kinda silly.

I mean, the only reason the new Clang is needed is because of this one
specific warning option in the bxe module -.-

You'd think you could solve this by doing make kernel-toolchain or make
buildworld (to get a system compiler from the HEAD world), but no: both
targets fails because the header "yacc.h" cannot be found!

In short: head cannot be upgraded into release system without a 3rd
party Clang installation.

I've heard rumors that this was fixed in a later HEAD revision, but I am
not sure which ... and this info would not help me anyway, since I am
not proficient enough to merge HEAD into the branch.

--
Arto Pekkanen