Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:58:39 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "William M. Grim" <wgrim@siue.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Make Error

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 05:46:22PM -0600, William M. Grim wrote:
> Hi, I was building my kernel and passed the "config" and "make
> depend" steps, but when I got to the "make", it freaked out and I
> didn't know what was wrong.  It seems to have occured while
> linking... I have placed the kernel make error in kerror.log and my
> kernel config in ZEUS.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.

Look at your kernel config carefully.

You have this line in it:

device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

and you also have the lines

#device         scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
#device         da              # Direct Access (disks)

So, umass requires scbus and da, but those are commented out.
Uncomment those two lines and see if it doesn't work better then.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson