Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:17:26 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@svcolo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Marian Hettwer <MH@kernel32.de>
Subject:   Re: Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for	2006 )

--nextPart5658216.cE8t4kCXa6

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:15, Jo Rhett wrote:
> Before we plan the invasion of Iraq, how about an agreement on what we're
> trying to accomplish?  Like I said, this topic has always been killed
> because "non-newbies can run make buildworld".  So if it's going to get
> shot down quickly then why bother?

You are still fundamentally misunderstanding how FreeBSD works..

You have at least one committer you've said wants to do this, what more do =
you=20
need?

> I've tried to make the point clear, and ignore the insults and try to keep
> on topic... but it's pretty much a lost point already.  Everyone loves to
> say "you're an idiot" or "your ideas [taken out of context] are wrong" etc
> and such forth.

I think people disagreeing with you is perfectly acceptable.. Calling you a=
n=20
idiot is no, but it seems to be fairly rare (even in this thread)
=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum