Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 22:08:33 PDT
From:      faried nawaz <nawaz921@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd cores on SIGHUP

"Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" wrote...

   	Well, I have been experiencing a similar problem.  In fact, I
   suspect it is the same problem.  My init dumps core after writting a log
   message like the following:

   Oct  3 21:58:16 lorax /kernel: pid 1392: inetd: uid 0: exited on signal 6

   	This has been happening consistently when I do a shutdown.  It
   does not matter what options I am passing to sutdown, if any.

I see that too.

I also see a weird error caused by named whenever i `shutdown -r' or `reboot'.
It is highly reproduceable, but I can't reproduce the exact error message
since it occurs just after syslog dies :(

I noticed them both about two weeks ago; they're still there after friday's
sup &  make world.