Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:35:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Linus said about FreeBSD

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Brett Glass wrote:

> At 05:32 PM 2/9/2000 , Greg Lehey wrote:

> >Jon, it's for reasons like this that I don't continue discussions
> >with Brett.  If he could channel his ability into something positive,
> >like the Daemon News article I suggested, it would be one thing.

> I may yet do that Daemon News article. However, the disparaging
> remarks that you made earlier dissuaded me from doing so. Why
> volunteer my time if it won't be appreciated?

Sigh.  Brett - other than Greg being one of the initial and consistent
contributors to DN, he has no editorial power.  The only person who you
discussed this with from DN who does was Greg Sutter (AFAIK).  I don't
believe Chris, Geoff, or I talked to you about it.  I know Greg S. asked
you not to bring up the GPL in the article and to the best of my knowledge
that's as far as it went.  I find it hard to believe that you would be
dissuaded by one person, even if that person were Grog, to not write the
article since backing down from your beliefs doesn't seem in character w/
all of your interactions here and in other forums.  It certainly hasn't
stopped you from talking about the GPL yet.  :-)

Please write the article and send it in - we're always happy to receive
well written articles and you'll be given a fair review process by the
editors.  Submit to article@daemonnews.org.

Brett
Editor in Chief
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *