Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:32:40 +0000
From:      Chris Stenton <jacs@gnome.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   newbie SMP questions

Hi,

I've just built a dual XEON box running 5.2. Could someone give me some
pointers on the following.

1. I can't find a thread on the pro and cons of having HTT enabled.
The issue must have been flogged to death somewhere.

2. An old rule of thumb for a single processor machine was to have twice
the amount of swap space to physical RAM. Is this still the case for a 4
logical CPU machine? I never understood where that rule of thumb came
from:-)

Chris