Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 00:38:05 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD install question? Please forward to someone, if you are busy! (fwd)

Forwarded message:
>From risto@master.ee Sun Nov  9 04:30:58 1997
From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Risto_K=F4iva?=" <risto@master.ee>
To: <bde@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject: FreeBSD install question? Please forward to someone, if you are busy!
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 19:26:50 +0200

Dear Sir,

At first let me notice, that you may forward this message to someone less
busy person than you, who can also answer the question.

Basically I want to make a CD-R from your FTP. How should I make the CD?
Which directories I should choose (I want to make FULL FreeBSD install).

Longer explanation:
I am a system administrator in a ISP (MasterSoft in Estonia). I'm currently
using NT 4 Server as a primary password verification server for Bay Networks
ANNEX'es, and FreeBSD as a email-server and WWW-server (Apache). Now because
I changed to FreeBSD (from MS Exchange) rather receantly I have very little
experience with FreeBSD. I have used UNIX before (I have also a SUN
UltraSPARC runnning Solaris), so I am not totally in the dark. But still I
would need some rehearsing. I do NOT want to rehersal with server
(obviosly), so I am going to use another computer in my home. Unfortunately
my home Internet link is 33.6 modem... so installing over modem would be a
bad idea. I also have (somewhere...) the CD's that came with Walnut Creek
FreeBSD book, but I do not know where they are at the moment... And also I
will get the latest version by downloading straight from the Internet. So to
install latest FreeBSD I need to make installation CD-ROM's (I have CD
writer, so theres no problem). I downloaded the full 2.2.5-RELEASE folder,
but it was way beyond one CD (probably because of ports...). So how should I
make the CD's: which folders on primary, which on next CD's?

Sincirely,

Risto Koiva
sysop@master.ee