Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:15:43 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        imp@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hhp: Remote pine exploit. (fwd)

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> Hello!
>

> FYI. (in case you haven't seen this advisory yet)

 I remember there has been another similar exploit announced in February
and the Pine people patched it soon after by disallowing use of the
mailcap.. BTW, (I think) we can't be affected since we don't have a
system-wide mailcap file.

> Also: is pine 3.96 effected by this ?

 That remains to be seen, although I don't believe it has the necessary
features implemented.

 I'll check it out tommorow in detail, right now I've got network problems
here and can't do a thing...

> Regards,
>
> Igor

 Thanks,