Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 1995 12:02:20 -0800
From:      shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Latest SNAP PPP install] write: no such process

I am trying to install the latest July SNAP via PPP, using the new PPP
capable version of TIA on my shell account for PPP server. After dialing
into the shell, starting TIA and (this is failed to be mentioned in the
help screen) switching the PPP console to packet mode wtih ~p, I get a
successful connection to the ftp site and a dialog box informing me that it
is intstalling the root system.

That's as far as I get. The install seems to hang there. The PPP console
reports "write: no such process", the debug console shows a number of dots
in the last line (progress indicators?) that do not increas in number
bejond the third of a line already there. The window telling me that the
root system is being installed does not go away.

Any ideas?

TIA,

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.