Date:      19 Nov 1999 22:52:55 +0100
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH for -STABLE?

Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be> wrote:

> 	I know that OpenSSH is relatively new, and that a port for it was
> recently incorporated into -CURRENT.  However, I can't find any
> information that would tell me whether or not it's been back-ported
> to -STABLE (the port for -CURRENT appears to depend on crypto.1, a
> library that does not appear to be found on -STABLE).

The OpenSSH port should build on -STABLE, too. It depends on the
crypto.1 shared library, which is part of the OpenSSL port. Until
very recently, OpenSSL did not build a shared library, so you may
need to update that port on your system first.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de