Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 11:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Phillip Neumann <phillip@chile.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asus M6N

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Phillip Neumann wrote:

> hello..
>
> Im trying to use my asus m6n notebook, and have some troubles..
>
> 1) DRI. ive attached my XF86Config file. my loader.conf contains
> agp_load="YES".
>
> > glxinfo |grep direct
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> direct rendering: No

Check /var/log/XFree86.0.log and see why DRI is rejecting on your card.
You did build and install the dri port?

> 2) Battery status. I wish to get the battery status. apm -l sais 255:
>
> "If your laptop does not support this function, 255 is displayed"
>
> and ACPI:
>
> > sysctl hw.acpi.battery
> hw.acpi.battery.life: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 7
> hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>
> Is there any other way to get the battery status?

>From the errors in your prior message, it doesn't appear that the ACPI
code to query battery status is operational on your machine. I'd check for
a BIOS update, or if there is a fixed DSDT on the net somewhere.

> 3) CPU slowdown
> > sysctl hw.acpi.cpu
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C2/1
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: 0
> hw.acpi.cpu.cx_history: 445828/0
>
> Wasnt there a throtteling options in here? how do i change the hz of
> cpu?...

Your machine may not support those features either.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org