Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:54:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        jeff-ml@mountin.net (Jeffrey J. Mountin)
Cc:        hook@aktrad.ru, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List maintanence question.

As I recall, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
> At 12:31 PM 9/30/99 +0400, Gene Sokolov wrote:
>> Unfortunately I have to use MS Outlook Express.  It's brain damaged.
>> It can't parse headers beyond "from:", "to:" and "subject:".  Don't
>> tell me to switch, I can't.  The "Subject" seems to be the simplest
>> and the most straight forward way of sorting.
>
> "Have to" use it?  That sucks, IMSBO. (IMO + "Strongly Biased" :)

Well, cut the guy some slack.  In some worlds, users don't control
their desktop.  They are required to use the "officially sanctioned"
tools, and things like Microsoft SMS are used to inforce the rule.
Installation of unapproved software is grounds for termination.

So, such a person would be required to build a machine at home, and
get an account with an ISP in order to do e-mail in the FreeBSD-list
approved manner.  Just might not be an option.

On the other hand, I can't see a reason for the list to change its
methods to accomodate such poor, lost souls either.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net