Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:29:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Luigi Montanez <prankster83@geocities.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Iomega zip-zoom scsi accelerator not supported?

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Randall Hopper wrote:
> K. Marsh:
>  |On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Luigi Montanez wrote:
>  |> Does anyone know if the Zip or any other Iomega drive will work w/ FreeBSD?
>  |> How about the Microtek scanners?
>  |I know the zip will work with Linux.
>
> SCSI ZIP works fine with FreeBSD.  I own one myself and have it hanging of
> an NCR SC-200 (53C810) SCSI board.  Its just another SCSI device, and the
> SCSI ZIP's performance is very nice.
>>>SNIP<<<

I suppose my problem has been that I got the Iomega-recommened zip-zoom
scsi accelerator for my zip drive. (it's an Adaptec AVA-1502e.)

I see that the Adaptec AVA-1505 *is* supported. Is there any plan to
support the 1502e? Are they essentially the same?

If not, can anyone recommend a low-budget scsi adapter that is supported?
I really need my zip drive to work with FreeBSD so I can backup and
upgrade to 2.1.7.

Ken Marsh