Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:14:20 -0500
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@ican.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with Eiger Labs EPX-ET10T2 ethernet card

I'm having some problems getting this card to work in an IBM Thinkpad 380ED,
under -current (Dec 2nd vintage). According to the PAO Supported cards list,
this should be supported by the ed driver

I've frobbed the pccard.conf file to contain the appropriate CIS information
to recognize the card, but when I start up pccardd, I get the following
messages in dmesg:

ed0: unload
Return IRQ=10
Slot 1, unfielded interrupt (0)

and then pccarrd complains about driver allocation failing. When I recompile
pccardd with DEBUG set, it spits out the following, just before it croaks:

Assign ed0, io 0x140, mem 0x0, 0 bytes, irq 10, flags 80

The io port address corresponds to the value in the config index I've
selected, so its at least reading that much from the card. I'm not sure what
to make of the mem 0x0 bit. Although, judging from the fact that a 3c589 card
reports the same mem 0x0 bit, and works perfectly, I'm inclined to believe its
a red herring.

Any suggestions from the floor?

The machine is bouncing up and down right now, so getting the output of
pccardc dumpcis, or anything else which may help anyone, will have to wait a
touch.

josh

--
Josh Tiefenbach - Member - ACC Corps of Internet Engineers - josh@ican.net