Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:42:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us
Cc:        jbryant@tfs.net, dennis@etinc.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial vendors registry

>   Linux is more available for users, and  a lot of its users have no
> clue, how to use it.

Ugh.  I take exception here.  It sounds like you are claiming Linux
users mostly come from installations of CDROM's from bookstores, instead
of from the net.  Net availability is equal, if different.

>   Linux developers (and developers that just supported Linux well) didn't
> do anything at the "big corporations" scale. They just didn't use the
> approach "we will make The Distribution, we will port everything around
> to make sure, it will fit The Distribution, and if we change something,
> you should take new Distribution and our port, or it will break".

Heh.  "You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile."...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.