Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:11:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Hansen <dhansen@salug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: freebsd 3.4 and pcmcia support

 Ok, I gave up on using the zp0 driver (per Mark Rowlands advice) and
changed everything (/etc/rc.conf, /etc/defaults/rc.conf, /etc/pccard.conf
and recompiled the kernel) to reflect using the ep0 driver. This seemingly
brings me alot closer to finishing but I still don't have an ep0
interface. I do have a data light on the dongle, the pcic device is
recognized and  pccardd actually starts up... but the system doesn't find
the ep0 interface still.

david
***********
dmesg output snippet

ep0 not found	#kernel config for ep0 is irq 10 memory address 0x300
PC-Card Cirrus Logic PD672X (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 5
Initializing PC-card drivers: ep sio
Card inserted, slot 1
pccardd[56]: No card in database for ""("")
pccardd[56]: pccardd started

-------------------next reboot had this (note different irq for pcic)

ep0 not found		#changed port 0x300 to port? in device spec line
PC-Card Cirrus Logic PD672X (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 3
Initializing PC-card drivers: ep sio	#isn't sio for the com ports?
Card inserted, slot 1
PCIC module compiled in
PCCARD Memory address set to 0xd0000
Enable PC-card.Doing initial network setup: hostname.
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
	inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 172.16.1.1: network is unreachable