Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:06:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org, rich@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gcc compiler problem part deux

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> There are packages such as XFree86 which called directly the installed
> cpp.  Those packages which rely on the old behavior of /usr/libexec/cpp
> for instance defining __FreeBSD__ are now broken .

... and they will be fixed through bug reports.  We now know what was causing
your mishaps with XFree86, this has already been corrected in the port, but
you are using the straight source.

Perhaps our XFree86 liason can correct this behavior before XFree86 makes
a release off of this branch.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -