Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 14:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      cjohnson@netgsi.com (Christopher T. Johnson)
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GUSPNP14 Report

Hello all,

I recently got a wonderful deal on an AWE 64 SoundBlaster card and decided
to install it.

First step was to upgrade to -CURRENT (minor upgrade problems revolving
around me accidently deleteing my SCSI controler and having to build
a kernel from the fixit disk).  Then I installed the guspnp14 and
built that.

PnP was a pain but finally the card configured and runs.  Thanks to
all those that spent the time making PnP work, even if it is configure
and play.

So testing begins:

	1) *.au to /dev/audio0		No problems
	2) xmcd playing of audio disks	No Problems.
	3) mpg123 and maplay		Warbling.
		There is a warpling sounds that comes from both speakers
		when playing from an MP2.  These are old MP2s that worked
		in the past on a SGI and in 8bit mod against 2.2.1-RELEASE
	4) cat /dev/audio0 >file.au	No problems.

Given the report a bit ago about guspnp14 having a warble, I backed off
to guspnp13, this sounds fine against all tests.

Just a report.
		Chris <cjohnson@netgsi.com>