Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Thomas <ath101a@yahoo.com>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 port broken?

--- Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:56:47PM -0700, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> > Is it only me or is this port broken.  I had 3.0.4 installed on a
> > 5.4 Stable machine.  I updated my ports tree a few days ago and now
> > when I try to use portupgrade I get the below.  I have the latest
> > versions of what it's complaining about (according to what's in the
> > INDEX file) so I'm not sure what's wrong.  There's nothing in the
> > UPDATING file or any othermention of special procedures.  Am I
> > missing something obvious?
>
> A lot has changed from 3.0.4 to 3.1.0. You should read
>
>   PREFIX/share/doc/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin/UPGRADE
>
> and adapt your configuration, as the pkg-message stated. I think
> mentioning this in UPDATING migth be worth it, even tough it is
> explicitely mentioned when the port is upgraded or installed.

Er, your suggestion implies the port isn't operating correctly.
That's not the case.  The build of the port doesn't even get far
enough to install the UPGRADE file.  It's during the configuration
that the failure occurs.  It's like the port hasn't been done
correctly (though I'm not saying that's the case - it just feels
that way).

Andy

http://mail.yahoo.com