Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:10:11 +0300
From:      Igor Nikolaev <igor@pu.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network Cards

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 06:01:52AM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:

> >Suppose you have "xl" and "vr" in your computer. They are named eth0
> >and eth1, respectively. You then replace your "vr" by a "ed". Mark

> But then if I added another say ed0, it wouldn't get eth2 :)
> But yeah, I understand where you're going...

Not fully.

I service fbsd routers with up to 12 ethernet cards.
8 isa cards + 4 pci on advantech prompc computer.

And when a cableman add card to a router,
(ctrl-alt-del, poweroff, screw card, power on)
he install card corresponded to driver name,
and set io/irq/mem corresponded to number.

--
Igor Nikolaev