Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:39:46 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Jaroshenko Serge <jaroshenko@mail.ru>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        "newbie @ freebsd" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: zip usage

Hi!
See /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/articles/formatting-media,
where say:

2.3. Making Dedicated Mode Disks Using the Command Line
   Execute the following commands, replacing wd2 with the disk name.
    # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd2 count=2
    # disklabel /dev/rwd2 | disklabel -B -R -r wd2 /dev/stdin
    We only want one partition, so using slice 'c' should be fine:
    # newfs /dev/rwd2c
   If you need to edit the disklabel to create multiple partitions (such
   as swap), use the following:
    # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd2 count=2
    # disklabel /dev/r$d > /tmp/label
    Edit disklabel to add partitions: