Date:      Sat, 29 May 2010 00:49:42 +0100
From:      Rui Paulo <rpaulo@lavabit.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wpa_supplicant (Was: Re: wpi not working on today's current (r208626))

On 28 May 2010, at 23:03, Doug Barton wrote:

> On 05/28/10 13:18, Doug Barton wrote:
>> I am trying to update -current in order to try kib's patch for the
>> nvidia driver, and the wpi driver won't establish a connection. I'm
>> using r207134 right now without any problems, but that's a long time
>> back to try and do a binary search.
>>=20
>> I don't see any changes to wpi or wpa_supplicant between then and =
now,
>> anyone have an idea of where to look? My WAP is using WPA2 with AES =
if
>> that's any help.
>=20
> Correction, the problem seems to be more generally with =
wpa_supplicant. I tried with the new kernel and my ath PCMCIA card =
(AR5416 mac 13.10 RF2133 phy 8.1) and it doesn't work with the latest =
kernel either. However, the same card is working fine with the older =
kernel (I'm using it now).

I don't know what problem you're having but try using wlandebug to =
understand what's going on.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo