Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 19:46:10 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        Michael Bushkov <bushman@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nss compat shims

On 8-6-2012 22:06, Michael Bushkov wrote:

> I don't know for sure, but it seems that there was no need to support
> anything besides groups and password when nss_compat.c was committed.
> At that time, IIRC, the modules that we had in ports supported only
> these databases.

Right. In the meantime hosts has been implemented in nss-pam-ldapd but
currently does not work (at least on 9). It's been the author's concern
too whether services/protocols etc is a needed feature, but I guess you
won't find that out until you provide the feature. At least it seems
logical to me to keep the nss_compat interface synchronized with the
APIs that call nsdispatch. I guess I'll make patches for both.

--
Mel