Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 13:58:11 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Bertus Pretorius <bertus@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   syslog to printer

Hi,
    i'm looking for something or someway whereby the syslog could be directed
to a printer rather than to a file.

Obvious ways is to add the /dev/lp... to the syslog.conf which I tested.  It
however fails to take care of printer down problems.  The other way is to craete
a named pipe and clean it to the printer with some or other deamon that will
be able to buffer and then flush the pipe when the printer is down (it should
alos be able to give notice of the printer down condition).

I'm looking for this deamon beast.  I'm going to build one if non exists and
would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
--
+-Bertus Pretorius------------ (O) (O) ---------------bertus@mikom.csir.co.za-+
| mikomtek                        ^                   +27 12 841-3001 (Voice) |