Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 07:21:23 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gdb linker failure

Hi,

After the ld changes gdb won't link anymore. It uses libgnuregex and libcompat
and then the linker finds two regex's. I have tried to link it without
libcompat and it only needs insque and remque from it. What is the best way
to fix this?

Another thing that bit me was that I thought I would start with a fresh
/usr/include directory so I did a "make includes -DCLOBBER" in /usr/src. It
gave no errors but suddenly a lot of programs could not find certain include
files. It seems that it wipes the subdirectories also but it does not
recreate all of them. Directories like readline and I think ss does not get
created.

--
John Hay -- jhay@mikom.csir.co.za