Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:30:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tun0, firewall, natd

Somehow I havenīt yet managed to get my FreeBSD 5.2 current system
boot up smoothly with initiatiying the network properly.

Iīm running ADSL and tun0 doesnīt seem to be initialized when the firewall
rules are being applied and when natd ist started.

Iīm getting an error socket not available or cannot bind or something
like that early on tun0.

Also sendmail (kqread) hangs very long after it times out due to DNS
not being available.

When I start natd manually after the system has come up that way (with the
DNS timeouts and all that) it works fine but this situation is not
tolerable in the long run since manual intervention isnīt possible in all
situations.

Iīd appreciate some help here. Thank you.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org
-