Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:49:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@freebsd.org>, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <Pine.OSF.3.95.960826130516.5632K-100000@modem.eng.umd.edu>, Chuck R
> obey writes:

On rereading this, maybe I jumped too soon.  You were saying I was right,
and that the tcl stuff _should_ be copied to /usr/include/tcl?  If you
agree (if I have you right) then maybe (being that I suggested the work to
begin with) then I oughta do it?  If I sent you prosed diffs to the
makefile for lib/tcl, would you review it?  Or should I send them to
Peter?  Or let him do it?  I don't want to be lazy about it, what's right
here?

Oh, I caught the last remark about NOT moving tcl.h.  I can live with that
fine.

> >I'd like to suggest that maybe a /usr/include/tcl be made, and fully
> >populated with the tcl include files, following the directory setup in
> >/usr/src/contrib/tcl.  There aren't that many files involved with that (if
> >this is limited to .h files) and would take care of the problem.  I think
> >this would take care of dependencies for the tk41 port too, which will
> >have to be fixed sooner of later too.
> yes.
>

> >I would move tcl.h to /usr/include/tcl/tcl.h.
> no.
>
> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp           | phk@FreeBSD.ORG       FreeBSD Core-team.
> http://www.freebsd.org/~phk | phk@login.dknet.dk    Private mailbox.
> whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
> Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |